My Interview with Jo&Isalovebooks
Look who we got a chance to interview today, and share with our readers.
The one and only romantic suspense Author, Casey Clipper.
Take a look at what Casey has in store for her readers, and what’s really on her mind in our, ‘Let’s have some fun section’.
- Tell us something about yourself that’s not in your Author biography.
Oh geez, this is hard. I’m pretty much an open book. Like my obsession with penguins and chocolate and if you follow me on my private Facebook page, The Walking Dead, and recently A Star Is Born. I’m a pretty active member in organizations within the writing community, like the Contemporary Romance Writers. Does my hatred of spiders count? Or that my preferred drink is a red berry sangria? Or how about I have a cat named Bob?
- We won’t ask you which is your favorite book, but please tell us which was your favorite series to write, and why?
Another hard one! Each series I’ve written I’ve liked for different reasons. The Love Series, because it was my first series and I didn’t adhere to any writing “rules” and allowed my stories to flow. The Men of Law I like because I worked hard on my craft and really delved into the suspense part of the series, doing research for each novel. The Quinn brothers…they’re brothers. Enough said, right? Lol.
- What or who inspired you to start writing?
I can’t say something or someone specifically inspired me. Writing became an escape from a bad marriage and then from my mother passing away. When I started, it was the perfect outlet for me to just get away from the reality that was smacking me upside the head.
- Which character do you think your readers love the most, and which one do they love to hate. Please give us your thoughts on why?
I think they love Sean and Ryan the most. Two brothers and former Navy SEALs, what’s not to love. The one they’d love to hate the most, Courtney. She’s the pot stirrer. Or Derrick, he’s just plain mean. Hehehe, I love him.
- Do you have a favorite book cover?
Silent Love. It’s the one that readers seem to gravitate towards.
- Can you tell us how you choose what stories to write?
Eenie, meenie, miny, moe.
- How do you come up with your characters names, personalities etc?
Names: I tend to stick with Irish names and even look up meanings. Personalities, it depends on their occupation. Example: My jewelry thief tends to throw caution to the wind so I have to make sure her personality matches.
- Would you ever consider writing a different genre?
I’m actually getting ready to release my first paranormal romance in November. It’s going to have my same writing style and suspense but placed in a paranormal world.
- Where do you see yourself in five years from now?
Hawaii…on a beach…a red berry sangria in hand. Oh, wait, you mean books…
- Do you have any new books in the pipeline?
The Eternal Throne Series is my new PNR series and I’m going to be continuing the Men of Law series with book 4, as well as updating The Boss’s Love.
Let’s have some fun
- What would your family say about you if me or Isa asked them for a character reference?
She gives these looks that tell you exactly what she’s thinking. She doesn’t hide her inner thoughts well at all.
- What would be your perfect murder weapon?
If you were to write a murder scene of course. A cherry.
- How would you describe a typical day in the Clipper household?
A free for all. Anything goes…which throws this woman, who needs her days planned out, into a tailspin.
- Describe your life using one of your book titles.
- A child asks you if the tooth fairy is real. What do you say?
“I’m the tooth fairy. Did you brush your teeth today?”
- Dog or Cat? Cat
- Tea or Coffee? Red berry sangria
- Chocolate or Crisps? Chocolate
- Night in or Night out? Night in!
- Movie or Read? Movie on Saturdays. Read Sunday through Friday.
Contemporary Romantic Suspense Author Casey Clipper is from Pittsburgh, PA.
She’s a noted sports fanatic, chocolate addict, and has a slight obsession with penguins.
She’s an avid romance reader and loves to lose herself in a good book as we all do, right?
Casey currently serves as president of the Contemporary Romance Writers of America and is an active member of the Romance Writers of America, Three Rivers Romance Writers, and Contemporary Romance Writers.
Casey is the recipient of the 2015 JABBIC HBARWA
Short Contemporary Romance Readers’ Choice Award.
Connect with Casey